Feel alone in your parenting? Looking for a safe place to ask your parenting questions? Need a community of parents using respectful parenting in their home? This community is for you! Learn more and join today. Led by Nicole Schwarz, LMFT, Parent Coach.
Let’s face it, we’re a lonely bunch.
You may not always look lonely – you are great at putting on a smiling face during school drop-off, posting happy pictures on Instagram, and playing with your kids at the park.
But, when you’re at home, it’s a different story.
Maybe you’re a stay-at-home mom of a toddler; listening to toddler radio and managing meltdowns over running out of apple juice. It’s a rare treat to meet another mom for a playdate, and even if you do, they don’t normally end well.
Maybe you work part-time and spend your afternoons driving from one activity to the next – soccer, piano, dance. Then it’s home to rush through homework and get everyone to bed. There’s no time in the schedule for friends right now.
Or maybe you just don’t have the support you need. Your in-laws don’t approve of your parenting methods. Your spouse travels weeks at a time for work.
You feel alone.
Welcome to the Neighborhood
In an effort to give you support, encouragement, and a place to feel connected, I created a community called, “The Neighborhood.”
My hope is that you will find what you are missing in your day-to-day life.
- A place where you can post your parenting questions without fear of judgment.
- A place where you can share success stories without feeling like you’re bragging.
- And most of all, a positive parenting community filled with imperfect families.
What is it?
“The Neighborhood,” as I affectionately call it, is a place for positive parenting support. It’s somewhere you can ask your parenting questions, give encouragement to other parents, provide empathy and share your experience.
You can join the conversation on a desktop or via the mobile app.
It’s not a substitute for parent coaching, mental health therapy, or legal advice. It’s also not a place to spam other parents with “get rich quick” schemes, negative attitudes, or criticism.
How much does it cost?
Right now, the cost is $4.99 per month. The first two weeks are FREE! This cost may go up in the future, but I want to give a discount to those of you who are willing to try something new!
Why not just have a Facebook Group?
I had a facebook group in the past and ran into a few challenges.
- People wondered about the privacy of the group. Though the group was private, there was still a concern that one of their family members or friends would see their post – which caused some people to be cautious, or not post at all!
- Facebook is like a black hole. You go to ask a question and end up watching 10 unrelated videos, feeling jealous of a friends’ trip to Hawaii, and getting into a fight with Uncle Leonard about a tasteless meme he shared. Before you know it, an hour has passed, and you still didn’t ask your parenting question. (This group will keep us focused!)
- Many people choose not to use Facebook, but would still like the support of an online community.
Why do I have to pay for a group?
There are a few reasons:
- I have to pay a monthly fee to use the software and for each person who joins. Again, this is a choice, as I could use a free platform like Facebook, but I want to offer a social-media free option for the reasons listed above.
- My time and expertise is valuable. Though I want this to be a community of support, I will also be involved sharing my knowledge by answering questions, providing training, and offering other educational opportunities.
- Requiring payment allows us to keep our group small and focused. People who are willing to make the commitment each month show that they are dedicated to positive parenting as well as supporting each other in the community.
What do I get?
- You get a safe, nonjudgmental place to talk through your parenting questions.
- You have the opportunity to connect with other parents with kids in a similar age, stage, or behavior.
- You have a chance to encourage and support other parents as they go through difficult parenting situations.
- You have 24/7 access to the group, past discussions, and the ability to search for specific topics, questions, or challenges.
Over the next few months, I will be adding:
- Live video or chat meet-ups
- Specific groups for specific challenges or interests (Christian parenting, communication challenges, toddlers, etc.)
- Book club meetings
- Online courses
- Video teaching
- Anything the group thinks would be helpful and would add to the community experience!
I already have a group of friends/support group/facebook group.
Great! Many parents do not have a community around them, they live far away from family, or have a different parenting philosophy than their peers. This group is for parents who don’t have positive support or for people looking for additional support.
Do you offer scholarships?
I am always willing to work with people who cannot afford the full fee. However, at this price, these spaces will be limited.
Am I committed forever?
You are welcome to cancel at any time for whatever reason. Join for a season, then take a break. No questions asked.
Do you offer refunds?
I want this to be a place of support and encouragement, but I know it will not be right for everyone. If you’re not happy in the group, I will send you a refund for the current month’s membership fee.
If you’re already involved in a million Facebook groups, mommy support groups, and other online forums, and are still struggling, maybe it’s time for something more personal.
Parent Coaching is a great resource for parents who:
- Have difficulty following through with new parenting strategies
- Have no idea where to start to make changes
- Want advice tailored to your specific situation
You don’t have to go through this parenting journey alone. Reach out! Support is available.